Friday, June 28, 2013

It was a coal pizza!

Last week, M. and I decided to go to Carbone's located on Taylor Ave for dinner. Carbone's is known for their coal fired oven pizza. What the heck does that mean!?

I went to check out the menu online (http://www.carbonecoalfiredpizza.com/menu/index.html) and their was a legend for vegetarian and gluten free options. Unfortunately, their chicken wings and caesar salad were shown as vegetarian options. I e-mailed them on the "contact us" page to let them know of this error but to also ask if they had vegan friendly pizza dough out of curiosity. Well, I received a quick reply from the manager. Check it out!

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for your email, and thanks for letting us know about the vegetarian option next to the wings! That is definitely not accurate! However, they are gluten free which is the symbol that should be there. We will update ASAP.

Our regular pizza dough is vegan friendly! In our gluten free dough we use egg whites. 

We in fact use anchovies in the caesar dressing.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Benjamin 

Managing Partner

I appreciated the quick feedback.

Off we went for dinner last Saturday and M. and I decided to share a 16'' pizza and we would "make our own". We chose the basic tomato sauce and mozzarella with goat cheese, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives and arugula. This coal fired pizza tasted very fresh and the crust was fantastic!





 This is what was left over....


I find Carbone's to be a very veggie and vegan friendly restaurant with a great array of toppings with fair prices. This is a restaurant that I will definitely return to.







No comments:

Post a Comment