Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tre Visi was lovely

It was my parents 30th wedding anniversary yesterday, and they felt like having some Italian food. We decided to try the new Tre Visi location on the corner of Grosvenor and Stafford (RIP Spuntino). It has a laid back, welcoming atmosphere which is the complete opposite of its original location on McDermot.

There weren't many vegetarian options on their menu but what they did have was delectable.

I first started off with a caprese salad.



M. tried an Italian beer and herbed olive mix with orange peel. Apparently they were pretty great!


I appreciate the presentation.

For our main, M. and I both wanted the gnocchi. He tried the creamed pesto, and I tried the tomato sauce. 




They were like fluffy pillows and the flavours danced on your palate. 

Onto dessert... what to have... 




I chose the pannacotta and my father picked lemon gelati. 




This presentation was, again, awesome. 


Everyone was digging into this before I could take a picture. It was hands down the best gelati I have ever had. Nothing available on Corydon compares (yes, I've tried them all). 

As I mentioned before, there weren't many veggie options and the price for what was available averaged $18, but, the food was well worth it. The flavours were fantastic, and it was a nice treat. The only downside to our visit is that you are not able to make reservations at this location so you need to go early or during the week to be guaranteed a table within a reasonable amount of time. Also the a/c wasn't quite working this unbearably hot evening, so the temp inside Tre Visi was around 80. Which made the gelati that much more enjoyable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment