Monday, July 22, 2013

How to choose...

Here is a look at some desserts that M. and I picked up from Lilac Bakery found on Grosvenor ave.


We picked up a red velvet cupcake (my favourite!), blueberry and coconut macaroon, a dream bar, lemon bar, brownie and imperial cookie! The dream bar, lemon bar and brownies were a good chunk and the reason why you are seeing tiny pieces is because M. and I were trying to pace ourselves by having a sampler platter... well,  don't ask me how long the dessert lasted in my house before my sweet tooth really took over because I am still trying to deal with the answer. I guess that's why we have cheat days right :)

This neighbourhood gem has delectable desserts with an eye appealing selection. Red velvet anything is difficult to achieve because it can easily be too dry or flavourless but that is not the case here. You guys know that I am all about presentation so besides the fact that the cupcake was moist, the idea of putting a crumble of red velvet on top of the cream cheese icing (genius!) and that icing... drool... I have tried making regular red velvet cupcakes, red velvet cake and vegan red velvet cupcakes and they do not even compare to Lilac Bakery's treasure.

What about that imperial cookie! How cute is that? It doesn't even look real. Well, it tastes just as lovely as it looks!

The macaroons were also out of this world. The blueberry was definitely my favourite but at $2 a piece, I could only afford to pick up two. That being said, if I wasn't picking up other treats I would have bought another 10 because they are worth breaking the bank for... and the diet for. :)

If you ever find yourself on Grosvenor, make sure to stop by this bakery. It is a little more pricey that i am used to because the entire plate that you see (remember, the bars were actual a good chunk of dessert) was $19 on the dot. But, everything I tried was flavourful, mouth watering and I just wanted more.

The bakery also has gluten-free options. Bonus!

Check them out at http://www.lilacbakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment