Saturday, July 13, 2013

Family Feast

It was M.'s brother-in-laws birthday last week and we were invited for a family gathering to celebrate! These family gathering always promise good company and amazing food. I will become a part of a family of un-discovered professional chefs, therefore, every time we get together, I wear the fat pants (you know, the ones that you wear at Thanksgiving to give yourself some room?!) because with M.'s family, you know that a feast is upon us and one that you want two even three helpings of!

For this gathering, we brought our signature smoked tofu dish (recipe to follow soon) and green beans, M's mother brought a beautiful salad where 75% of the ingredients were all from her garden including the herbs! All of the tomatoes and basil were from the garden and the cucumbers were from St. Norbert's Farmers Market.  She also put in some mozzarella to spice it up! I requested this exact salad for my birthday too! Too bad it's in October...

 


There were also some potatoes with local dill and some of the B-I-L's family made more beautifully delicious salads. Here's look at the table of food and my plate. Please ignore the meat :)





Have any of you seen any of these beauties? Looking for a conversation piece to add to your table? They make me giggle! They are called gurgle pots and they do, in fact, gurgle. I always giggle every time I hear it and it's definitely a fun piece to bring to your table when you have company over. It's hilarious when you see someone use it for the first time and the gurgle sound happens... ha!


This one belong's to M's sister and I have an aqua coloured one! Right now you can find them at The Green Scene on Lilac in assorted colours. Here is a link to the official website: http://www.gurglepot.com/. FYI- they don't ship to Canada.

Well, I am off to Gimli today for some cheap pints at the local pub, a nice walk on the boardwalk and some wood fired oven pizza from Integrity Farms. I'll tell you all about it soon :)

Enjoy your weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment