Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy 5 years, M.!

This is for my husband. Thank you M., for the most wonderful 5 years. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

How did we celebrate this very special anniversary you may ask? Through food of course! With the craziness that our life has been lately, a night in with good food, wine and a movie was music to our ears.

M. and I had decided a long time ago that we will no longer buy each other presents for anniversaries or Christmas' but instead, we will have a mini splurge! A splurge could be anything from going to a restaurant that is usually out of or our budget or a nice bottle of wine or even a night out to the VIP theater! But, for this anniversay, a quiet evening at home sounded perfect but we need supplies.

We started off with a stop at Godiva and we purchased a "around the world" chocolate box. It had flavours from Brazil, Japan, France, Belgium and America. Interesting flavours. My favourite was a honey nougat and my least favourite was a banana flavoured one. Remember that banana cough syrup you took as a child? Yeah, it tasted like that.



We wanted a cheese plate and a nice bottle of wine with our movie so we went to La Grotta Market on Friday night to get supplies.


Before our hunt for cheese, we found some fresh Fettucini pasta that looked too good to pass up. 


M. ended up making Fettucini Alfredo. It was delicious. Nothing beats fresh pasta.

On with the cheese! We picked up 4 cheeses, some crackers, raw almonds and Kalamata olivies. M. picked two cheeses and I picked the other two. He picked a Moroccan spice and spiced Gouda. I picked a sticky toffee cheese and Wensleydale blueberry cheese. I couldn't try the Moroccan spice cheese. I am not a fan of a lot of spice but M. loves it and he even said this cheese was too hot for him. I love the Gouda though and the ones that I picked. They were on the sweeter side but it still went well with the wine.

We also found some panna cotta at the drool worthy bakery counter. I chose the kiwi one to try. It was delicious! Not as creamy as I've had int he past but I loved the kiwi.


We also received a plate of dainties from our neighbours.  Just a little something more to top off the evening. Carb overload.

What a fantastic evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment