Thursday, February 13, 2014

More Wine with that Housewarming?

M. and I invited friends and family over last weekend to celebrate our new home.

We were spoiled with our good friends and families overwhelming support. Also, everyone knows how much I love cards...


and house plants and flowers... 




Did I mention the wine?


Some of the bottles were already recycled. This is a picture of what was left over. he he he

My friend K. made us a 'Welcome' basket filled with tons of goodies! 


It included a soy candle, chocolates, home baked goods, granola and dishcloths and dish towels.

But what is a housewarming without some food...



Homemade pizza (yup, i'm obsessed!) with mozzarella, cheddar, feta and spinach.


Through all the entertaining, I wasn't able to get a shot of when all the food first came out but you get the idea. some buns, candies, bruschetta, madeleines that I made, fruit, brownies and some veggies.
  


And you know me! Any excuse to try a new recipe. After perusing through some old Bon Appetit magazines, I found a chewy chocolate chip recipe that looked interesting since there was a twist. Maldon salt! They weren't chewy but they sure were tasty! And there weren't any left overs...



Speaking of cookies! Last but not least, here is a mixture of baked goods that also made it to the party that was brought by friends. Some oatmeal and raisin cookies, chocolate chip cookies and lemon sugar cookies which melted in your mouth.


Before I sign off, I haven't shared with you M.'s favourite present that we received from one of his co-workers. It's a present that I highly recommend giving to someone at their housewarming...


After all, owning a fire extinguisher makes sense. It's just something no one thinks of buying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment