Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cafe Postal

He Ho! Did anyone go to Festival du Voyageur last week? I wasn't able to make it but I've heard that awesome times were had! Especially with a ice shot glass filled with whiskey and wine? Sounds interesting...

M. and I were close to the Festival actually when we were running errands around St. Boniface and we stumbled upon a really neat cafe that had a cafe mocha that reminded me of my time in Iceland. When I went to Iceland a few years ago, M. and I would almost order a Swiss Mocha every day which was decadent and the cafe mocha from Cafe Postal was just as creamy and chocolatey with a good punch of espresso. 









I am a sucker for a local coffee house that have freshly roasted beans, a bilingual menu with a laid back and warm woods-y vibe indoors. Very similar to Thom Bargen located on Sherbrook. But, if you are in a hurry then you might not want to come visit Cafe Postal on the way to work. They are very precise and carefully prepare every cup of coffee because they take their time to make the perfect cup.  Check out that design in the above picture! The barista measured the amount of freshly ground coffee (he grinds the beans to order) three times to make sure it was the right amount for M. and my order! Now that's specificity! But, trust me, it's worth the wait. So next time you are in the St. Boniface area, I would highly recommend that you skip the Starbucks run and make your way to this cozy cafe. For more information click here and here.

Contrast that with a picture of the Swiss Mocha that was enjoyed in Iceland. Pretty comparable.



No comments:

Post a Comment