Monday, February 10, 2014

French Gem Found in the North End


A week ago, a co-worker brought in beautiful and delicate french pastries called macaroons for a birthday at work. I've had macaroons before and i've seen them in several bakeries throughout the city but I have never had a macaroon from a trained French baker from France before and they were delectable. I wanted more and at $1.30 each I went and bought a dozen because that is CHEAP! 


It was at A l'Epi de Ble where I picked up these treasures the very next day. 



They had so many beautiful, elegant and really, they were mini pieces of art in a form of a pastry to choose from. I was on a mission to only get some macaroons for that day but I will definitely return to indulge in some croissants, cakes and tarts. 


My favourites were the pink one that I am holding which is raspberry and the praline which is the spotted white one. They even had a matcha flavour! They were all incredible and I need to try and make my own. I have the tools and a recipe so what is stopping me? Oh. Right. Confidence.

For more information about this bakery, click here. They also have a little eat in area that you can taste a variety of coffees. Perhaps when you bite into an almond croissant or a macaroon while having a cafe au lait, you will close your eyes and feel like you are in France. At least for a couple seconds. I highly recommend visiting this little gem that is found in the North End of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment