Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Falafel and a Cheddar Cheese Scone


Life got in the way this week so I was not able to make more than one dish. Instead, I went to Falafel Place on Corydon Ave and had their Israeli Pita which contained tahini, falafel balls, hummus, lettuce and fries! Soooooo good.


Sorry guys, I keep forgetting to take pictures of the food before taking a bite!


I woke up Sunday morning frozen and I wanted something warm from the oven. I went through Isa Chandra Moskowitz "Vegan Brunch" cook book (http://www.amazon.ca/Vegan-Brunch-Homestyle-Asparagus-Pancakes/dp/0738212725) and I found a recipe for scones! I followed the recipe but added a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Unfortunately, I can't post the recipe (Copyright Law) but check out her book or this link. ( http://www.theppk.com/2008/08/berry-week-day-1-marionberry-lavender-scones/) Minus the lavender and berries and add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese at the end and you will get below!




This was perfect with some scrambled eggs mixed with a tablespoon of miracle whip and some dill. Yum!

I might have to try this recipe with the berries and lavender next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment